Privacy & Cookies Policy
For purposes of the applicable data protection laws (Data Protection Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation), MEP Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that MEP Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
- contact information such as email address and telephone number
How we collect data
We collect data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you
- data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
- when you contact us through the website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means
- contact form
Data that is collected automatically
While you access our website, we will collect your data automatically, by the following means:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the website. This information helps us to make improvements to website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content
- we will collect your data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on our website, see the section below, headed ‘Cookies’
Our use of data
- internal record-keeping
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you
We may use your data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed ‘Your rights’ below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under ‘soft opt-in’ consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed ‘Your rights’ below
Who we share data with
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to obtain advice from professional advisers
Keeping data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data, for example:
- we store your data on secure servers
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why
- Right to correct - the right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your data from our systems
- Right to restrict our use of your data - the right to “block” us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your data including where we use it for our legitimate interests
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
All cookies used by this website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the website places cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies, you are enabling MEP Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies; however certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
This website may place the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services
- Session cookie: We use this cookie to remember users and maintain sessions whilst using the website
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to analyse how users use the website; by recognising and counting the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.